Friday, July 11, 2008

Come Fly/Drive With Me

I've heard whispers of interest from some of you about the prospect of possibly joining me on the island in September (rough dates around 5th-19th). I figured I would open up the invitation to all of you to fly out for all or some of that period.

The water is warm (60-70, only feels cold when you're getting in) and the weather is often nicer in September than it is in the summer.

The place where I'm staying has hotel rooms from between $39 and $59 a night (hooray for off-season). Most can hold 4-6 people, you do the math. Hot tub on site, drive-in theatre on the same property, five minute drive to the beach.

A round-trip plane ticket from Calgary to Charlottetown is about $950 (plus tax and fees). Could be cheaper if you fly out in an easterly direction and I pick you up somewhere along the way.

Food will be reasonably cheap as most of the rooms have kitchens and I'm planning to cook for myself on ~$10/day (apart from lobster dinner days). If people join me, I'll cook for you too.

Gas should be reasonably cheap as I will have my car out there (I am still driving all the way out there and back). If more than four of you come (that's a full car), it shouldn't be too expensive to split a rental car between yourselves.


Give some thought to it. Let me know if you're at all interested.
You will not be disappointed!

No comments: