Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fa la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

Once in a while, God gives me an evening where my voice actually sounds good. I love it, I sing loudly in my car, loudly enough for me to actually hear the echo and realize that I'm actually sounding decent. It happened singing Christmas carols in the car the other night, and I couldn't help but think about the movie Elf and the short scene where Buddy and Jovy sing together (in the ladies washroom, no less). This is something I have long desired (the singing, not the ladies washroom). I want to sing to, and with, the lady of my life. And, by golly, on those nights where my voice doesn't sound like a strangled cat, I can't help but dream that I could sing to that lady and woo her with crooned lines like "Your eyes are like starlight now" or "I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell."

Thankfully the good voice doesn't come around often, I'd hate for the ladies to miss my oh-so-charming stutttters and misspeaks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhh! I hope and pray she is worthy!