Monday, April 16, 2007

Bachelors...

It was a year ago this month that I attended my first bachelor party (oddly enough, I also was one of the two guys in charge of planning it).

It was very enjoyable, and I'm glad to say that it was without any of the usual drunken debauchery associated with these events. Yes, there was alcohol, and I can honestly say that this was the most intoxicated I have ever been in my life (which isn't saying much... I got tipsy after downing a single pint on an empty stomach). Yes, there were strippers (they were walking around West Ed, saw our group t-shirts, and offered a photo with the groom who was forced by his cohorts to stand with these ladies. They invited him to their show that evening but he refused. Good man!). And there was even exotic underwear (yes, that is my face on that underwear... no, it wasn't my idea!).

I mention all of this because I have the distinct honor of planning an event like this once again. My good friend Nolan and I will spend the next few months preparing for the bachelor party of my good buddy Trevor who is engaged to be married sometime this Fall. The thing about bachelor parties is that they are an ever-escalating series of events. Celebrating with Nathan was awesome, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. But now that we've done that, we've gotta find a new level for Trevor. It'll be stupendous!

I'll leave you with this photo of Nathan in his ceremonial bachelor garb, seated beside Trevor (who, at that point, had only just begun dating the young lady who is now his fiance).

3 comments:

laureneh said...

hrmph. all my good guy friends and their future "man-only" bachelor parties. i'll be the one sulking at home unless i can convince girls i can be a good friend to them, too.

bah humbug!

those strippers looked pretty sexy.

Sindy said...

ummmm hmmmmm okkkkkkk ahhhhhh so do I want to know what 'exotic underwear with your face' on them truly means or is it pretty explanatory?

YVR and his GLOWING FLAIL said...

Hmmm....I think there should be some sort of everyone bachelor/ette party as well. The more parties the better I always say.