Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ghost town trips

Cyler and I are planning on doing a number of road-trips to various ghost towns around Southern Alberta. I've already had some people express some interest, I figured I should open it up to others as well. I don't see anything wrong with a convoy.

Some of possible destinations include:
Nordegg (I think this is my top choice)
Rowley (Near Drumheller)
Wayne (11 one-way bridges to get there, that's my kinda trip!)
Retlaw (Neat Taber, apparently)
Bankhead (Near Banff)
Blairmore (Crowsnest)
Frank (Site of the Frank Slide, Crowsnest)
Buffalo Jump
Dorothy (Near Drumheller)
Conquerville (deep southeast)
Kovach (3km hike in Kananaskis)

4 comments:

Jen said...

You know I'm in! I think Nordegg is my top choice as well. But they are all so good.

laureneh said...

creepy... i hate ghost towns.

Cyler Parent said...

Just to be warned, there will be at least 2 cameras there, so be ready to have some superb pictures taken of yourself!

Jen said...

I also elect myself historical researcher. It's in my genes and I think it is great to find out what made these places no longer exsist.